EMERGENCY DISPATCHER - CLERK I Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Scotts Valley Police Department is currently accepting applications for Emergency Dispatcher - Clerk I until this position is filled. The process for applying for this position is outlined below.
1. Thoroughly review the Qualification/Job Description Flyer. The flyer includes salary and benefits information, minimum qualifications, application testing process including required testing when submitting application, and pre-employment drug policy.
2. At this time, applications are being accepted without the required POST Dispatcher Test (PDT) and typing test until later in the recruitment process. You will still need to complete a city application form:
Submit the completed City Application to the Police Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail it to 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, or deliver it to the department in person.
3. Once your application packet is received, you will be contacted by our Investigations Division for a Pre-Screen Interview.
4. Upon completion of the Pre-Screen Interview, candidates will be placed on an eligibility list for up to 1 year.
5. Eligibility list candidates will be invited to a Selection Interview to assess an applicant's experience, education, judgment, oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. All candidates who receive a score of 80% or more on the selection interview will be placed on a hiring list for 1 year.
6. After successful passing of the Selection Interview, candidates are encouraged to schedule a Dispatch Orientation with the Dispatch Supervisor by calling (831) 440-5670.
7. Top candidates will be selected for a background investigation in accordance with the POST Commission and Background Investigations Manual. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete, to the satisfaction of this department, a polygraph test administered by a licensed polygrapher, a psychological exam given by a City selected psychologist, and a medical exam by a City selected physician (to include a vision test and a general physical exam). In addition to the qualifications noted above, suitability for employment will also be based on the following POST job dimensions: moral character, handling stress and adversity, work habits, interactions with others and intellectually based abilities.
8. The final step before hiring is a Chief’s Interview.