The Scotts Valley Police Department is currently accepting applications for the following Emergency Dispatcher positions:
(1) Per Diem Emergency Dispatcher. (3 years prior Emergency Dispatch experience with a California law enforcement agency required) The process for applying for this position can be found here.
(2) Emergency Dispatcher (Entry level). The Scotts Valley Police Department is continuously accepting applications for this position. The process for applying for this position is outlined below.
1. Thoroughly review the Qualification/Job Description Flyer. The flyer includes salary and benefits information, minimum qualifications, application testing process including required testing upon submission of application, and pre-employment drug policy.
2. Fill out the City Employment Application Form. Submit the completed City Application to the Police Department by mail, in person at 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066 or electronically via email to email@example.com.
3. Once your application is received, you will be contacted by our Investigations Division for a Pre-Screen Interview. Upon passing this portion of the application process, our department can then assist you with covering the cost for both the typing and written Post Dispatcher Test as well as guidance on how to prepare for taking the tests.
4. Set up a Dispatch "Sit Along" with the Dispatch Supervisor by calling (831) 440-5670.
5. Upon completion of the Pre-Screen Interview and passing the typing and POST Dispatcher test, candidates will be places on an eligibility list for up to 1 year.
6. Eligibility list candidates will be invited to a Selection Interview to assess an applicant's experience, education, judgment, oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. All candidates who receive a score of 80% or more on the selection interview will be placed on a hiring list for 1 year.
7. Top candidates will be selected for a background investigation in accordance with the POST Commission and Background Investigations Manual. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete, to the satisfaction of this department, a polygraph test administered by a licensed polygrapher, a psychological exam given by a City selected psychologist and a medical exam by a City selected physician (to include a vision test and a general physical exam). In addition to the qualifications noted above, suitability for employment will also be based on the following POST job dimensions: moral character, handling stress and adversity, work habits, interactions with others and intellectually based abilities.
8. The final step before hiring is a Chief’s Interview.